Bowen Therapists Federation Inc.

Telephone: 1300 4Bowen
(1300 426 936)

Email: btfa-office

Fax: 02 6953 2006

© BTFA 2015

A career in Bowen Therapy can be very rewarding personally and financially. There are no age and few physical limitations as the therapy is gentle on the therapist as well as clients. It is a career that can be followed anywhere.The majority of therapists operate from home based practices with minimal overhead costs. Some therapists even practice while travelling. At the personal level there is little that is more rewarding and satisfying than relieving pain in clients especially when this has been long standing and badly affecting their quality of life.

The BTFA have a number of approved Bowen Therapy schools with whom courses can be undertaken.

Small Animal and Equine Bowen training

Courses are available for both Small animal and Equine Bowen. Please refer to the BTFA Office on 1300 426 936 or


The BTFA would like to remind you, that when you are looking for colleges or schools for training, there are a couple of things you need to check.

Most importantly, you need to check that the non-Bowen component of Cert IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses are being offered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). You can check for an RTO and registered courses on the National Training Information Service (NTIS) website

Of particular concern are colleges offering Anatomy and Physiology courses that are not part of the Health Training Package.  The Anatomy and Pysiology courses that all students currently enrolled in the Diploma of Bowen Therapy (national code 52265 2010-2013) will need are: HLTAP301A Recognise healthy body systems in a healthcare context, HLTAP401A Confirm physical health status and HLTAP501A Analyse health information.

The college must provide you with a “Statement of attainment”. 

Please check the details of courses and training institutions before you register for training.